Adelbert Delbrück, one of Germany’s foremost private bankers led the foundation of Deutsche Bank in Berlin in 1870. At that time, European banking was in the throes of radical change as a consequence of the Industrial Revolution. From the start, Deutsche Bank’s international business was built up steadily.
On August 5, 1887, Deutsche Uebersee-Bank (DUB), which was founded by Deutsche Bank one year before and renamed into Deutsche Ueberseeische Bank in 1893, opened its first Latin American subsidiary in Buenos Aires under the name Banco Alemán Transatlático. The formal resolution approving the opening of the entity’s headquarters in 124 Reconquista Street had been adopted on January 17 of that year.
During the 12 years of National Socialist rule in Germany and the Second World War, Deutsche Bank went through the darkest chapter in its history, globally. Gradually the Deutsche Ueberseeische-Bank (DUB) closed its branches in Argentina and its headquarters in Buenos Aires were closed on June 28, 1945 by decree of the Argentine National Government.
At present, in Argentina, Deutsche Bank focuses on large corporate clients, financial institutions and government related entities, providing access to international and national markets and products and maintaining a close relationship with them, based on knowledge of the domestic market and human talent. Since 2011, Argentina belongs to Latin American Region the 8th Region for Deutsche Bank, together Germany, Continental Europe, England, Asia, Japon, Middle East and North America. The headquarter of Latin America is in São Paulo, Brazil.