An old school in the Ratnapura, the Child Jesus School, serves all religious and ethnic groups. The school was established in 1925 under British colonial rule and built by the British alongside a convent. The school now provides quality education to the students living in the area, as well as orphans who are boarded at the adjoining convent.
Deutsche Bank was able to step in to provide funding for a fully fledged library for approximately 530 primary schoolchildren. This was done by repairing and painting the classroom and providing benches, a table, book cupboards, a book shelf and some books suitable for children in both Sinhala and English.