For the community, by the community
Diversity & Inclusion
Compete to make an impact in the LGBTQ community
The Deutsche Bank Powering Progress competition gives U.S. college students the space to demonstrate their passion for social change by challenging them to design a project that will support the LGBTQ community for a $10,000 grant. Driving social change is an essential part of the Deutsche Bank culture and we’re looking for strategic thinking, innovation and enthusiasm to help take our commitment to the next level. If you’re looking to work at an organization that focuses on talent, intellect and ambition, rather than background this could be an invaluable first step in your career journey. We’re excited to see what you can do.
Finalists shortlisted will be invited on an all-expenses paid trip to Deutsche Banks’s headquarters in New York City to present their proposals in person. And the winners will return to NYC where they’ll get to network with representatives from across the business. It’s an exciting opportunity to make an impact in the LGBTQ community and grow as a professional and a person.
What’s your big idea?
Submit your proposal by
June 29th, 2018
How Powering Progress works
- Select a non-profit with a central mission to support the LGBTQ community. The chosen non-profit must be listed as a 501(c)(3) organization with the IRS.
- Create an innovative proposal that will help your non-profit LGBTQ organization develop and grow.
- Submit project proposal using the form below by June 29th, 2018.
- Each proposal will then be judged on creativity, practicality, originality, scalability, presentation and relevance.
- Selected teams will be assigned a mentor from Deutsche Bank for support and guidance and present their project to a Deutsche Bank judging panel over the phone.
- Finalists will be assigned an additional mentor from the non-profit partner and present their final proposal in-person at Deutsche Bank’s New York headquarters between August 1st and September 15th, 2018.
- The winning team will receive a $10,000 grant to execute their idea, with each team member receiving a $500 stipend to travel to the non-profit’s office along with an invitation to return to the Deutsche Bank New York office.
- Winners will also be invited to return to the Deutsche Bank New York office. They’ll be introduced to the firm, tour the office, and meet with representatives across the bank.
For the full terms and conditions of our Powering Progress competition, please click here.
Who can enter?
Ready to participate?
When you submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org make sure you think about the following questions:
Team Member 1,2,…
Anticipated Graduation Date
Name of Non-Profit LGBTQ Organization:
Powering Progress is about empowering you to create positive change within the community. Tell us why you’ve decided to select this organization. What about their mission statement and current programming resonates with your team? Why is their work important to you?
Give your project a name
What is your project idea? How does it fit with the organization’s mission and current programs? How will your project make an impact?
How can the organization effectively implement the recommended project?
Discuss the project timeline and budget. How will Deutsche Bank’s $10,000 grant be deployed to support the execution of your idea?
Deutsche Bank fosters an inclusive and respectful work environment where every employee can be authentic, contribute their best work, and succeed based on merit. Our work environment unleashes the innovation potential of our people, minimizes risk, and leads to better decisions. Moreover, it positions us to best serve the needs of our diverse global clients and drive value for our shareholders.
Founded in 1997, dbPride Americas has always been a pioneering and highly regarded Employee Resource Groups (ERG) for LGBT and ally employees in the global financial services industry. We have a strong track record of industry-leading initiatives that have helped shape the Bank’s inclusive environment.
From advocacy and campaigning, to fundraising and simply celebrating with friends and colleagues, there’s a broad spectrum of activities that dbPride is involved with.