Born to Be - Everybody is born to be something
Helping young people to fulfil their potential has long been a concern for Deutsche Bank and its foundations. The belief that life chances should not be determined by background is core to the Bank’s corporate citizenship strategy. But the barriers to success for young people vary depending on where they are born. Born to Be initiatives thus tackle the problems where they arise.
At a glance
Projects and Initiatives
We aim to inspire talented young people from socially disadvantaged environments to strengthen their self-confidence and accompany them during the transition between school and university studies.
What do we aim to achieve?
What is our approach?
What have we accomplished?
- In 2013, more than 400,000 participants in educational programs
- Born to Be UK expects to reach 160,000 young people over the next four years
- 96,000 students took part in Playing Shakespeare with Deutsche Bank
- 90% of the COMPASS OF STUDIES participants pursue a university education
- 4,950 underprivileged students supported by College Ready Communities
- In South Africa, more than 6,800 people benefit from Bulungula Incubator