What do we want to achieve?
- Help the disadvantaged
- Promote innovative community concepts
- Support disaster relief efforts
How are we implementing that?
We work at the grassroots level to improve the day-to-day well-being of those in need and to help communities find longer-term solutions to their challenges. Through our investments, grants, donations, and the hands-on commitment of our corporate volunteers, we help to alleviate poverty, or the consequences of forced migration, joblessness, and homelessness. Our initiatives make a tangible contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations.
The non-profit Alfred Herrhausen Gesellschaft (AHG) stimulates research and offers platforms for dialogue and the analysis of current issues, working with partners from politics, economics, science, and civil society.
What have we achieved?
- Around 914,000 people benefitted from our community projects in 2016
- More than £5.5 million have been donated to homelessness charities within the StreetSmart and SleepSmart initiaitives since 2006, €128,000 via Hilf Mahl! to charities supporting the homeless in Munich since 2015
- Around 2,900 Deutsche Bank volunteers have initiated more than 380 Team Challenges / Initiative Plus projects to support refugees in Germany since summer 2015
- Around 6,000 people have attended 14 Urban Age conferences since 2005; US$700,000 were awarded to grassroots projects with the Deutsche Bank Urban Age Award
- In 2017 Deutsche Bank Foundation supported relief projects in Somalia with around €437,000