What do we want to achieve?
- Help the disadvantaged
- Promote innovative community concepts
- Support disaster relief efforts
How are we implementing that?
We work at the grassroots level to improve the day-to-day well-being of those in need and to help communities find longer-term solutions to their challenges. Through our investments, grants, donations, and the hands-on commitment of our corporate volunteers, we help to alleviate poverty, or the consequences of forced migration, joblessness, and homelessness. Our initiatives make a tangible contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations.
The non-profit Alfred Herrhausen Gesellschaft (AHG) stimulates research and offers platforms for dialogue and the analysis of current issues, working with partners from politics, economics, science, and civil society.
What have we achieved?
- In 2018 around 638,000 people worldwide benefitted from our 127 community projects in 22 countries.
- We supported StreetSmart from 2006 – 2018 and enabled the charity to raise 7.5 million pounds.
- In the USA, wehaveinvested more than US$ 3 million into the „Educational SuccessforStudents in Temporary Housing“ project which supports more than 8,300 homeless students.
- Since 2015, around 4,300 colleagues have committed more than 7,700 days to approximately 470 refugee projects in our Plus You program.
- Our goal is to make a positive impact on the lives of four million people by 2020.