Deutsche Bank collaborates with local partners in emerging markets and developing countries to provide effective, sustainable support. The Deutsche Bank Asia Foundation supports the INCLUDED program that assists children of migrant families. In Africa, several programs targeted at orphans and vulnerable children provide social and medical care for the children and their families to improve their chance in life. In numerous programs in Asia and Africa, our employees regularly volunteer in teams to assist orphanages, schools and hospitals.
Children are at risk of poverty above average
Millions of children worldwide live in poverty – not only in rural areas but increasingly in urban centers as well. According to UNICEF’s annual report “State of the World’s Children 2012”, more and more children endure significant hardships in slums due to the rapid growth of cities around the world. They lack access to clean drinking water, healthcare, education and sufficient food.
At a glance
Projects and initiatives
Millions of children worldwide live in poverty. Deutsche Bank collaborates with local partners in emerging markets and developing countries to provide effective, sustainable support.
What do we aim to achieve?
Deutsche Bank aims to improve the situation of children both structurally and sustainably. With its projects, the bank gives children a “home” and a secure environment and also helps them receive a basic education and improve their lives permanently.
What is our approach?
- INCLUDED, China: social and educational program for 1,800 children of migrant workers.
- Noah, Africa: support for more than 60,000 children from 2002 to 2012.
- SOS Children’s Villages, Germany: building loan of meanwhile more than 1 million euros to realize numerous projects.
- Angkor Hospital for Children in Cambodia: free care for more than one million children from needy families and training of more than 6,000 medical assistants.
- AlfaSol: 5.5 million children have participated in literacy programs since 1996.
Learn more about our engagement
You might be interested in
Facts and figures
Corporate responsibility in a nutshell. Find information about our sustainability performance.