Today Deutsche Bank hosts a special Analyst Meeting in Frankfurt at which Dr. Rolf-E. Breuer, Spokesman of the Group Board, and Hermann-Josef Lamberti, Member of the Group Board, responsible for Group Division Global Technology and Services present Deutsche Bank's e-commerce strategy.
This Global E strategy will dramatically transform Deutsche Bank's businesses and focuses on the following initiatives:
- To use the Internet to make the bank's advisory competence more widely available to its customers (e.g. through Moneyshelf.com, a personal financial portal for private customers);
- To transform capital and commercial markets trading as it goes online and new electronic markets come into existence (e.g. through db.marketplaces, a platform allowing market place operators and their customers to do business);
- To leverage the potential of direct distribution through the net in order to dramatically enhance the bank's global placement power and reach of new investors (e.g. through launching the first pan-European Personal Investment Bank and through dbmarkets.com, an integrated, web-based gateway to the trading platform of Deutsche's Global Markets division);
- To provide transaction services around the world based on a powerful technology and operations backbone (e.g. db business direct, the on-line solution for Deutsche Bank's corporate customers).
A key element of the Global E strategy is to form strong strategic partnerships. Beyond the known co-perations with Yahoo! and Nokia the following new partnerships are announced today:
- SAP: Deutsche Bank will provide SAP marketplaces with financial and other value added service products. Both companies will jointly build a vertical marketplace.
- eTime Capital: Deutsche Bank and eTime Capital have formed a strategic global partnership to process B2B financial transactions.
- AOL: Deutsche Bank 24 is teaming up with the European leader in interactive services, AOL Europe. Both companies will create a powerful platform to significantly extend the reach of brokerage and online banking products to the net as well as into the mobile world.
- RTL, Lycos and La Caixa: In order to create efficient traffic on its new personal financial portal Moneyshelf.com Deutsche Bank has secured powerful marketing partnerships with Lycos, a leading European internet portal and search engine, RTL, a major European media conglomerate and La Caixa in terms of a Spanish roll-out.
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung online: Deutsche Bank Private Banking will co-operate in an exclusive partnership with the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung publishing group to further expand its comprehensive online contend offering to its clients.
Finally, Deutsche Bank announced the launch of the "e-millenium" fund concept. With Deutsche Bank acting as lead investor, "e-millenium" will be an innovative investment platform open to industrial partners. "e-millenium 1" with a targeted volume of ? 150 mio will be launched in Europe within the next weeks. In the course of the second quarter, "e-millenium 2" will follow for Asia/Pacific.
In order to get more details and the full presentations we invite you to join us via the internet.
The Analyst Meeting will be webcasted live on the Internet. Please visit the Deutsche Bank IR-Website here and click on the special event with the possibility to view the online transmission of the speeches of Dr. Rolf-E. Breuer and Hermann-Josef Lamberti.
You can download the charts accompanying the speeches as Acrobat Reader File from 10:00 a.m. (CET) to prepare yourself for the presentation that will start at 14:00 (CET). After the live event the speeches can be downloaded as video-on-demand.