Excellent start into the year 2000 in Q1:
- Profit before taxes + 75.3 % to € 1.6 bn
- ROE (before tax) 31.8 % excl. goodwill amortization (Q1 1999: 22.7%)
- Diluted EPS (excl. goodwill amortization) € 1.79 (Q1 1999: € 1.24)
- Commission income with € 3.1 bn (+ 126.5 %) on all time high
- Trading profit more than doubled to a record of € 2.5 bn
- General administrative expenses (€ 5.3 bn) up by 2 % after adjustments for first-time consolidation of
- Bankers Trust, currency changes and performance related remuneration
Please note that due to the first-time implementation of SIC 16 (Standing Interpretations Committee) income resulting from the trading in our own shares is not charged to the P & L but booked directly against equity. The comparative figures have been adjusted accordingly.
Telephone Conference Call
An IR-telephone conference call for analysts with Dr. Clemens Börsig will be recorded and replayed from 2:00 p.m. (CET) until Tuesday 9 May, 12 p.m. (CET).