Deutsche Bank announced today that it has been ranked No 1 for the second consecutive year on Institutional Investor’s All-Europe Research Team, the benchmark 2012 survey of the region’s best sell-side equity research analysts. Deutsche Bank achieved 17 No 1 positions, a record in the history of the current survey.
Institutional Investor said today: “Institutional Investor asked money managers which analysts are doing the best job of providing the direction they find most helpful and thus deserve to be included in the 2012 All-Europe Research Team. Deutsche Bank reigns supreme for a second straight year, with 44 total positions - seven more than in 2011 - and nearly triples its number of first-place teams, from six to 17.”
David Folkerts-Landau, Global Head of Research at Deutsche Bank, said: “These are fantastic results, and the strongest validation we could have hoped for regarding our commitment to best-in-class equity research in Europe for our clients."
The 17 No 1-ranked teams were:
- Banks: Jason Napier, Matt Spick & team
- Biotechnology: Holger Blum, Richard Parkes & team
- Building & Construction: Luis Prieto & team
- Chemicals: Timothy Jones & team
- Economics: Thomas Mayer & team
- Equity Derivatives: Pamela Finelli & team
- Equity Strategy: Michael Biggs, Gareth Evans & team
- Germany: Andreas Neubauer & team
- Greece: Dimitris Giannoulis, Polys Polycarpou
- Italy: Carola Bardelli & team
- Luxury goods: Francesca DiPasquantonio, Warwick Okines & team
- Metals & Mining: Robert Clifford & team
- Oil & Gas Exploration & Production: Lucas Herrmann & team
- Quantitative Research: Spyros Mesomeris & team
- Retailing/General: Rodney Whitehead & team
- Small- & Midcapitalisation Stocks: Luis Fañanas Martinez & team
- Switzerland: Holger Blum & team
Last year saw Deutsche Bank also placed first on Institutional Investor’s 2011 Emerging-Markets Equity and Fixed-Income Research Team, and second on the All-Europe Fixed-Income Research Team.
Deutsche Bank has a leading global Research platform with equity analysts present in more than 30 countries and four-fifths of stocks covered by analysts in their home markets, more than any other bulge-bracket firm.
In its survey, Institutional Investor magazine garnered responses from 2,200 money managers at about 760 institutions managing approximately $5.7 trillion in European equities.
For further information, please call:
Deutsche Bank AG
Press & Media Relations
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7545 7790
About Deutsche Bank
Deutsche Bank is a leading global investment bank with a substantial private clients franchise. Its businesses are mutually reinforcing. A leader in Germany and Europe, the bank is continuously growing in North America, Asia and key emerging markets. With more than 100,000 employees in 72 countries, Deutsche Bank offers unparalleled financial services throughout the world. The bank competes to be the leading global provider of financial solutions, creating lasting value for its clients, shareholders, people and the communities in which it operates. www.db.com