This year, to celebrate the 14th Pyramid Awards, Deutsche Bank is staging an exhibition of new work by previous winners; an exciting collection by some of the most talented visual artists and designers, who are rapidly establishing reputations for themselves both nationally and internationally. The exhibition, entitled Flux, will be held in the National Theatre on London's South Bank, from 22nd-29th June 2006.
The exhibiting artists are:
- Doug White, shortlisted for the Jerwood Sculpture Prize in 2006
- Graham Hudson, currently artist in residence at Chelsea College of Art
- Gereon Krebber, winner of the Jerwood Sculpture Prize in 2003
- Dr. Daro Montag, artist and lecturer in Falmouth University and recent recipient of a L'Oreal Colour and Chemistry Bursary
- Simone Lia, prizewinner in the 2004 V&A illustration awards and Tom Gauld, who illustrates for Time Out and The Guardian - both founders of Cabanon Press
- Glenn Boulter, founder of Earwig Books, is currently working on an Art & Sacred Spaces commission
- Sam Buxton, nominated for London Design Museum's Designer of the Year in 2004
- Frank Leder, menswear designer fresh from Paris fashion week
- Anna Nicole Zeische, fashion/film artist, currently visiting Fellow at London's University of the Arts
- Francesca Lowe, artist, Red Mansion Art Prize winner in 2003
- Ann Mulrooney, one of the Irish Pavilion's Printed Project contributors in the 2005 Venice Biennale, and curator of Flux
Lord Aldington, Chairman, Deutsche Bank London commented,
"Deutsche Bank buys art globally to achieve twin aims: enriching its working environment for colleagues and clients, and supporting contemporary artists around the world. We choose art not for investment, but for involvement - which mirrors the objectives of the Pyramid Awards. We also believe that the Pyramid artists and entrepreneurs match our values of innovation and performance. We are delighted to celebrate our 14th Pyramid Awards with a showcase of the exciting new work by some of our previous winners at the Flux exhibition."
For further information, please call:
Louise Pancott +44 20 7545 7790
Press & Media Relations
Deutsche Bank is a leading global investment bank with a strong and profitable private clients franchise. A leader in Germany and Europe, the bank is continuously growing in North America, Asia and key emerging markets. With Euro 1,035 billion in assets and 64,103 employees, Deutsche Bank offers unparalleled financial services in 73 countries throughout the world. The bank competes to be the leading global provider of financial solutions for demanding clients creating exceptional value for its shareholders and people.
Note to Editors
1. The Deutsche Bank Pyramid Awards scheme was launched in 1993 and recognises entrepreneurship and innovation within graduating art students from some of the leading art institutions in the UK. Financial awards are presented to the Pyramid Award winners to start a business or conduct a project in the crucial year after leaving college.
Deutsche Bank works with the following schools in determining the Awards:
- Royal College of Art
- Guildhall School of Music & Drama
- London Contemporary Dance School
- London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art
- University of the Arts London
- Royal Academy of Arts
- Royal Academy of Music
- The Circus Space
Deutsche Bank will make 10 Awards of £8,000 each which will be paid to the winners in two tranches by the appropriate college - the college will decide when the money is distributed.
In addition to financial awards, Pyramid winners will benefit from a Deutsche Bank business mentor to help guide them in their project through their first year. Deutsche Bank will also help winners access a business training course at the East London Small Business Centre and will provide an opportunity to participate in the Bank's London-based community and arts programmes. Such participation often brings the winners into contact with people able to identify future business opportunities.
2. The National Theatre is located on the South Bank, London SE1 9PX
Information: 020 7452 3400 / www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/exhibitions
Nearest tube: Waterloo
Open: Monday - Saturday 10am - 11pm
Deutsche Bank provides current information via several social media platforms. Follow our Tweets, view current videos and photos or subscribe to our news updates using your preferred channel. more