Dubai Financial Market (DFM) and Deutsche Bank have announced today that they have signed a Depository Participant Agreement (DPA). The agreement will enable Deutsche Bank to provide custody of DFM-listed securities to institutional and international clients, thus helping to broaden the Market’s investor base.
With the signing of this agreement, Deutsche Bank is now able to offer custody services across the UAE’s on-shore and off-shore exchanges.
The signing ceremony was attended by Essa Kazim, Chairman of DFM, and Henry Azzam, Deutsche Bank’s Chief Executive Officer for the Middle East and North Africa.
Commenting on the agreement, Kazim said: “Depository Participant services are an essential element in the process of securities investment, and we are keen to constantly keep abreast of the different segments of investor’s needs. DFM seeks to provide more options for investors via a set of the best local and global banking institutions, and will work continuously to strengthen these services through cooperation with more prestigious banks.”
Azzam said “We are extremely pleased to be able to extend our custody services to the DFM. With the signing of this agreement, Deutsche Bank currently offers custody services across all of the UAE’s capital markets, making us one of a very small number of financial institutions to offer regional and international institutional clients such access across all exchanges in both the debt and equity markets.”
By acting as a depository participant Deutsche Bank will be able to offer custodial services in the market for DFM listed securities. These services include, but are not limited to: account management, the protection of client assets, settlement of securities activity, handling post trade issues, the collection and payment of dividends and interest, and the processing of corporate action activities in the market.
Kazim added: “The upgrading of the quality of services provided in the market demonstrates a firm and sustained commitment from DFM. This agreement with Deutsche Bank comes in order to complement the pioneering role of DFM in this financial sector, and embodies the Dubai Financial Market strategy of providing the best services and products that meet the evolving and expanding needs of investors.”
Dubai Financial Market, the first regional bourse to be converted into a public joint stock company, continues to upgrade the quality of services provided to investors through cooperation with a wide range of world-renowned financial institutions.
Through the signing of the DPA, Deutsche Bank joins three leading financial institutions that have already signed similar agreements with DFM to provide sophisticated depository participant services to local, regional and global investors.
For further information, please contact:
ASDA'A Public Relations
Head of Communications
Middle East and North Africa
Phone: +971 4 361 1744
Mobile: +971 50 352 7020
About Dubai Financial Market
Dubai Financial Market (DFM) was established as a public institution having its own independent corporate body. DFM operates as a secondary market for the trading of securities issued by public shareholding companies,bonds issued by the federal Government or any of the local Governments and public institutions in the country, units of investment funds and any other financial instruments, local or foreign, which are accepted by the market. The DFM commenced operations on March 26, 2000. Following its initial public offering in November 2006, when DFM offered 1.6 billion shares, representing 20 per cent of its paid-up capital of AED 8 billion, DFM because a public joint stock company. Following the IPO, the Government of Dubai retained the remaining 80 per cent of DFM Company.
About Deutsche Bank
Deutsche Bank is a leading global investment bank with a strong and profitable private clients franchise. A leader in Germany and Europe, the bank is continuously growing in North America, Asia and key emerging markets. With 80,253 employees in 75 countries, Deutsche Bank offers unparalleled financial services throughout the world. The bank competes to be the leading global provider of financial solutions for demanding clients creating exceptional value for its shareholders and people. Deutsche Bank provides securities custody and related services in more than 30 markets worldwide.
Deutsche Bank provides current information via several social media platforms. Follow our Tweets, view current videos and photos or subscribe to our news updates using your preferred channel. more