Deutsche Bank hosts 15th annual Pyramid Awards
The annual Deutsche Bank Pyramid Awards have been supporting talented and creative graduates from some of the leading art institutions in the UK for the past 15 years. As an active supporter of the visual and performing arts internationally, Deutsche Bank recognises entrepreneurship and innovation within graduating art students. The Pyramid Awards scheme was launched to offer practical and financial support to freelance artists, craftspeople, designers and performers to start a business or conduct a project in the crucial year after leaving college.
This year, to celebrate the 15th annual Pyramid Awards, Deutsche Bank is staging a performance based awards ceremony featuring previous winners. The evening promises exciting performances by some of the most talented artists, who are rapidly establishing reputations for themselves both nationally and internationally. This year’s Pyramid Award winners will be announced in between performances. The ceremony will be held at the Circus Space in London's Hoxton Square on Tuesday 10th July 2007.
Pieces will be performed by:
- Connecting Arts – a unique musical collaborate, drawing musicians from the LSO, LPO, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and many others
- Frederike Gerstner – A contemporary circus performer with the distinctive skill of combining juggling with movement
- Katie Green – established green bean dance and currently working in collaboration with fellow Pyramid Award winner Sinta Tantra to produce work for an exhibition at Canary Wharf
- Rebecca Burch – founder of the percussion ensemble, Sekgura, and winner of the Julieus Isserlis Scholarship
- The Clash of Steel – Aim to produce and direct historically accurate and informative stage combat shows
Lord Aldington, Chairman, Deutsche Bank London commented, "As an active supporter of contemporary artists around the world, Deutsche Bank is delighted to celebrate its 15th annual Pyramid Awards with a first time showcase of the performing talent of its previous winners. The performance based awards ceremony is an opportunity to recognise the achievements and entrepreneurship of award winners and to celebrate the values of innovation and performance recognised by the Pyramid Awards scheme.”
For further information, please call:
+44 20 7545 7790
Press & Media Relations
About Deutsche Bank
Deutsche Bank is a leading global investment bank with a strong and profitable private clients franchise. A leader in Germany and Europe, the bank is continuously growing in North America, Asia and key emerging markets. With 73,114 employees in 75 countries, Deutsche Bank offers unparalleled financial services throughout the world. The bank competes to be the leading global provider of financial solutions for demanding clients creating exceptional value for its shareholders and people.
Note to Editors
1. The Deutsche Bank Pyramid Awards scheme recognises entrepreneurship and innovation within graduating art students from some of the leading art institutions in the UK. Financial awards are presented to the Pyramid Award winners to start a business or conduct a project in the crucial year after leaving college.
Deutsche Bank works with the following schools in determining the Awards:
- Royal College of Art
- Guildhall School of Music & Drama
- London Contemporary Dance School
- London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art
- University of the Arts London
- Royal Academy of Arts
- Royal Academy of Music
- The Circus Space
Deutsche Bank will make 10 Awards of £8,000 each which will be paid to the winners in two tranches by the appropriate college – the college will decide when the money is distributed.
In addition to financial awards, Pyramid winners will benefit from a Deutsche Bank business mentor to help guide them in their project through their first year. Deutsche Bank will also help winners access a small business training course at the East London Small Business Centre and will provide an opportunity to participate in the Bank’s London-based community and arts programmes. Such participation often brings the winners into contact with people able to identify future business opportunities.
2. The Circus Space, Coronet Street, N1 6HD
Information: 020 7729 9522/ http://www.thecircusspace.co.uk/
Nearest Tube: Old Street
3. If you are interested attending the event please contact Louise Pancott on 020 7545 7790 or email@example.com by 9th July 2007.