Deutsche Bank launches next generation FX trading platform
Deutsche Bank today announced the launch of its next generation FX trading platform on Autobahn.
The new FX platform is expected to increase efficiencies and volumes, contributing to Deutsche Bank’s commitment to trade EUR 1 trillion every week within the next two years. Deutsche Bank is the world’s largest FX bank by market share1 and a leader in FX e-commerce solutions.
New functionalities include the market’s first combined electronic and voice trade blotter across all execution channels, and direct access to Deutsche Bank’s FX and cross-product research and real-time commentary alerts directly from the trading floor.
The new platform is tailored to each client and client segment, delivering superior workflow integration and diverse functionality based on state of the art technology. The new platform allows Deutsche Bank to respond quickly and efficiently to change whether market, regulatory or client driven, no matter how simple or complex the requirement.
Deutsche Bank’s next generation FX trading platform:
- The first FX platform to provide a combined electronic and voice trade blotter showing all trades regardless of execution channel. This enables clients to perform aggregation, roll forward and allocation of trades, giving customers greater accessibility and control of their trades
- The first to offer streaming non-deliverable swaps
- Accessible via Deutsche Bank’s Autobahn App Market, the first ‘App-based’ electronic client offering in the financial services industry, providing a central access point to the bank’s full suite of electronic services as well as research, real-time market commentary, charting applications, analytics and market data
- An enhanced set of complex order types including contingent, multi-leg and algorithmic orders
- Built using modular and highly flexible technology that allows clients to build baskets of applications that meet their specific needs
Zar Amrolia, Global Head of Foreign Exchange at Deutsche Bank, said; “As the world’s largest FX bank Deutsche Bank prides itself on providing the deepest liquidity and cutting edge execution services. This launch represents a quantum leap forward for the FX market at a time when volumes continue to increase. Our new platform delivers the latest tools to ensure the continued success of our clients in the world’s largest market.”
Ian O’Flaherty, Global Head of FX eSales, said; “We have consistently developed new products and electronic services that set the standard for the global FX industry. This launch has been keenly anticipated. It represents the latest milestone in delivering the liquidity and services our clients need in a fast moving market and evolving regulatory landscape.”
Notes to editors:
The new platform has been developed in close consultation with users to meet the diverse needs of Deutsche Bank’s broad FX client base. The platform will be rolled out in staged releases over the coming months.
Over 300 clients already use the new Autobahn platform. Deutsche Bank will continue to support its existing Autobahn FX platform until clients are successfully migrated.
1 Source: 2012 Euromoney FX survey, with 14.6% of overall market share.
For further information, please call:
Deutsche Bank AG
Press & Media Relations
Phone: +44 (0) 207 545 1374
Phone: +44 (0) 207 547 2603
About Deutsche Bank
Deutsche Bank is a leading global investment bank with a substantial private clients franchise. Its businesses are mutually reinforcing. A leader in Germany and Europe, the bank is continuously growing in North America, Asia and key emerging markets. With more than 100,000 employees in more than 70 countries, Deutsche Bank offers unparalleled financial services throughout the world. The bank competes to be the leading global provider of financial solutions, creating lasting value for its clients, shareholders, people and the communities in which it operates.