Deutsche Bank tops 2008 Global Custodian Prime Brokerage Survey
Deutsche Bank today announced its Global Prime Finance business within its Global Markets division placed first in the 2008 Global Custodian Prime Brokerage Survey, which is determined by hedge fund manager and investor vote. Deutsche Bank received the highest score, the most "Best in Class" awards and the most "Top Ratings" in the results.
2008 Survey Highlights for Deutsche Bank Global Prime Finance:
- Deutsche Bank is the #1 prime brokerage provider, up from #2 last year
- Deutsche Bank is #1 among Global providers in North America; #1 in Europe
- Deutsche Bank received the most “Top Ratings” in survey, with awards in the following categories: Global; $100M-$1B AUM; $1B-$5B AUM; Single Strategy; Multi-strategy; North America; Europe; Japan; Asia-Pacific; Single PB; Multi-PB
- Deutsche Bank was awarded 105 out of 153 “Best in Class” awards
- Deutsche Bank received all “Best in Class” awards in the Capital Introduction category
The 2008 Global Custodian Prime Brokerage Survey recognized the ability of Deutsche Bank to “deliver across the firm”, and noted that: “In times like these, it is also an advantage not to be a pure broker-dealer, and especially a AA rated bank with a big balance sheet relatively undamaged by the sub prime crisis.”
“We are thrilled with the results and would like to thank our clients for the recognition and our team for their outstanding work,” said Barry Bausano, Co-Head of Global Prime Finance at Deutsche Bank in New York. “We are currently experiencing accelerated growth, on top of the tremendous increase we saw last year.”
“We are very pleased with the results and thank our clients and Global Custodian for these awards,” said Jonathan Hitchon, Co-Head of Global Prime Finance at Deutsche Bank in London. “Our success can be attributed to the hard work of our team, as well as the attractiveness of our overall platform to hedge funds, specifically our product suite, geographic breadth, AA credit rating, secure balance sheet and client service.”
* “Best in Class” awards single out prime brokers for achieving a weighted average score in any service area, such as Capital Introduction, in any category, such as North America, that is equal to or better than the weighted average score of all providers in that combination of service area and category.
** In order to achieve “Top Rated” status, a prime broker must achieve an overall weighted average that equals or betters the combined overall weighted average score of all providers.
For further information, please call:
About Deutsche Bank
Deutsche Bank is a leading global investment bank with a strong and profitable private clients franchise. A leader in Germany and Europe, the bank is continuously growing in North America, Asia and key emerging markets. With 78,291 employees in 76 countries, Deutsche Bank offers unparalleled financial services throughout the world. The bank competes to be the leading global provider of financial solutions for demanding clients creating exceptional value for its shareholders and people.