Improve health and lifestyle behavior, take steps to prevent disease, manage existing conditions
We believe that we can make a positive contribution to the health of our employees – both by preventative actions and offering medical coverage in time of need.
- In the UK, we’ve partnered with our health and wellbeing providers to host several expert-led seminars on topics ranging from diet and nutrition to sleep and exercise.
- Our UK / Ireland region has its own Deutsche Bank Yoga community, offering regular Yoga and Pilates class, which are run virtually by fully qualified teachers who are also Deutsche Bank employees.
- In the US we announced the expansion of services available through the on-site health center, such as physicals and well-woman care. Moreover, we expanded our Family Building program to cover alternative family planning and rolled out a campaign that reminds employees which preventive wellness screenings are most relevant to them. Through our external partner in the US, live and interactive physical fitness classes were made available for both employees and their family members. Other personal development classes were offered on topics including diet, nutrition, and proper body mechanics.
- In Germany, we offer a set of preventive health measures with the strong support of our health insurance fund (Betriebskrankenkasse Deutsche Bank).
- Deutsche Bank India celebrated World Health Day on April 7 by organizing specialist sessions on topics of nutrition & ergonomics as well as franchise-wide initiatives to encourage physical activity.
“The medical examination was tailored to my personal needs. I was able to implement the tips on nutrition and physical exercise sustainably in my everyday life. “
– participating employee
Deutsche Bank’s core health offering further includes preventative medical examinations which cover areas such as ultrasound tests, mental health, fitness and nutrition. In Germany, the extensive medical check-up program is offered to staff of participating entities from age 40 and to executives.
In 2021, despite the restrictions due to the pandemic, around 3,300 of our eligible employees managed to participate in such examinations. In the three major US offices, all employees have access to an onsite health center and company-funded free biometric screenings through the clinic. Long-term evaluations have shown that these programs contribute to improvements in participants’ fitness, blood pressure, nutrition habits and non-smoking, among other factors.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to dominate the world, we placed increased focus on the physical wellbeing of our employees. We have launched a comprehensive COVID-19 vaccination and booster campaign for our employees in various regions, which have been and are still on offer throughout the pandemic.