What do we want to achieve?
Deutsche Bank encourages employees to use their knowledge and management skills to advise educational institutions and support social enterprises or microfinance organizations – in long-term commitments in Germany as well as in international projects.
The bank also aims to give them opportunities to further develop beyond their area of responsibility.
How are we implementing that?
Our employees offer practical hands-on support in the bank’s team challenges. Increasingly, the focus of our corporate volunteering activities is to teach skills by having employees share their knowledge through coaching or mentoring. Deutsche Bank supports employee volunteering through donations or paid leave.
What have we achieved?
The programs offered by the bank in 2014 generated huge employee feedback worldwide:
- Number of volunteers: 16,864
- Participation rate*: 21 %
- Volunteer days rendered: 24,080
- Volunteer projects implemented: 2775
- Supported partner organizations: 2,374
The majority of employees believes that volunteering fosters their personal and professional development.
* without Postbank (Source: Deutsche Bank, global survey on employee engagement 2014)