What do we want to achieve?
- Giving artists creative space – and supporting a creative art scene
- Enabling an interdisciplinary exchange among artists and musicians
- Promoting contemporary artists from different cultures and regions
How are we implementing that?
- We give scholarships to artists to ensure their financial independence.
- We present awards such as the “Artist of the Year” or the “Views” art prize in Poland to provide a platform for young artists.
- We promote practical collaboration and interdisciplinary exchange with programmes such as Academy Opera Today, enabled by Deutsche Bank Foundation.
What have we achieved?
- Supporting the Berliner Philharmoniker’s Orchestra Academy: Since its launch, the support programme has trained more than 600 musicians for a career in a professional orchestra.
- The unique Academy Opera Today, enabled by the Deutsche Bank Foundation, continuously promotes the interdisciplinary artistic exchange among aspiring opera professionals. Over the past years, more than 200 scholar recipients and alumni have formed a lively network and developed a vivid artistic collaboration.
- Support for the artists’ quarters Villa Romana in Florence since 1929 by Deutsche Bank Foundation.
Learn more about our engagement
Academy Opera Today
The key aim of "Academy Opera Today" is to establish a dynamic network between students and young professionals in the world of opera to share views across different disciplines.