Investigations by public prosecutors at Deutsche Bank premises
- On Thursday and Friday, the Frankfurt public prosecutor's office and the Federal Criminal Police Office searched several Deutsche Bank, with focus on our Frankfurt headquarters at Taunusanlage 12.
- The investigations of the public prosecutor are directed against two named and further unnamed employees of the bank on suspicion of participation in money laundering activities.
- They are related to the so-called "offshore leaks" and Panama Papers. According to the public prosecutor's office, the accusation against the accused is that they did not report money laundering in time, but only after the publication of the so-called Panama Papers in the media.
- The preliminary proceedings concern the period from 2013 to 2018.
- The search included several board member offices
- There were no formal interrogations of board members.
- There are no current and former board members of Deutsche Bank AG among the accused employees.
- According to the public prosecutor's office, the evaluation of the papers by the Federal Criminal Police Office is said to have revealed that a company in the group headquartered on the British Virgin Islands had provided customers with a structure that made money laundering possible.
- This company was sold in March 2018.
- The investigations are not related to Danske Bank Estonia.